Welcome

I create beaded earrings and necklaces, knit and crochet creations for people and 18" dolls all while doing my best to be eco-friendly and sustainable. Here I will write about my adventures of keeping up with a full-time job, graduate school and a small business.

Please check out my shop at Pearl of the Pacific on Etsy, 'like' me on facebook at Pearl of the Pacific's Facebook page, follow me on twitter @PearlofPacific (see sidebar), and follow this blog by email or RSS feed. I hope you will join me in this adventure. Stay posted for special deals :)

Saturday, July 2, 2011

How I made a very inexpensive light box

Ever wondered how professional photographers take pictures with such nice lighting?  They use light boxes or light tents to achieve a soft diffused lighting look.  I decided to make a light box today so I could photograph items for my shop.  I followed the instructions from this link: http://www.digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent with a few slight modifications.  I used materials I had on hand and bought a poster-board from the local craft store for $0.70.

I started with boxes left over from my Costco trip last weekend and taped them together to look like the cut-out box from the tutorial.

Then I stabilized some of the sections with chopsticks, glued some white paper on the inside, inserted the poster-board, and covered the sides and top with material from old t-shirts.

Here is the first photo I took.  Not bad for a $1 light box!

No comments:

Post a Comment